Here are some easy steps to create a chemical balance of the brain and body, to enhance your vitality and wellness!
1. Consume a variety of foods. (Eat a variety of colors, types and textures)
2. Balance your portions. (Eat lots of produce, good sources of protein and limit higher calorie foods.)
3. Eat whole grains for nutrients and fiber. Limit refined grains and beware of white flour or enriched foods.
4. Eat more fish and nuts.
5. Reduce animal fats, especially from red meats and processed meats. These boost LDL, the “bad” cholesterol.) Instead, choose lean meats, skinless poultry or replace with “good” fats, such as nuts, fish, veggie oils.
6. Eliminate trans fats including hydrogenated veggie oils (used in many processed foods), margarine and fast foods.
7. Keep your sodium down and potassium up. Sodium (salt) raises blood pressure, and potassium lowers blood pressure. High potassium foods include citrus fruits, bananas, potatoes, beans and yogurt.
8 .Maintain your Calcium and Vitamin D for bone health. Eat lots of greens, and dairy, soy and orange juice fortified with Calcium.
9. Choose healthy foods and supplement with vitamins as necessary. Food is a natural medicine that has a higher absorption than suppolements.
10. Reduce or eliminate refined sugar especially found in liquid calories such as soda, sweetened beverages and alcoholic drinks.
Schedule a 30-minute consultation with Karen to Balance Your Food. Begin a your health and vitality program today!