Breathing With Intention
Breathing is an essential part of a yoga practice. In yoga or in everyday life, when you breathe with intention it is clearing, balancing and strengthening to your mind, body and spirit.
Here is a simple exercise that will bring a powerful intention to your breath.
1. Sit comfortably on the floor or in a chair.
2. Close your eyes and begin to relax your body.
3. Take a slow, deep inhalation and exhalation through your heart center 3x’s. You are holding the intention of purifying and releasing any negative emotions that have lodged in your heart. Breath and hold the intention that your heart is free from burdens and is free.
4. Now take another inhalation through your heart center and upon the exhalation breathe through your heart imaging the breath flowing through your entire body. Continue this mindful breathing 3x’s.
5. Again breathe 3’x through your heart center. Upon each inhalation take in renewed, vibrant life through your heart. Hold a vision of what you want to create in your day ahead, and hold a vision of a dream you are wanting to manifest in your life. Exhale your vision with passion through your heart center and out into every direction, allowing the rays of energy to extend beyond your body.
6. Take a moment to sit in quiet holding gratitude in your heart