Exercise For Releasing Stress and Relaxing
Relaxation Exercises to Help Relieve Stress
1. Find a quiet place “to be”. It’s difficult to relax when there is activity and loud sounds around you. Create a special place and time in your home where you can retreat when you want and need to. Create a place outside where you can relax such as sitting under your favorite tree or next to a pond.
2. Once you have found a quiet place, sit or lie down and begin listening to your breath. Your breath is a sweet, rhythmical song that is calming. Focusing on the breath allows you be less distracted by your mind. Should your mind begin to chatter, bring your attention back to the breath.
3. Image your body relaxed. You may visualize your body letting go and relaxing, beginning at your feet and working your way up to your head.
4. Return to the breath. With each inhalation silently say “calm” and with each exhalation say “calm”. Continue 1-3 minutes.
5. Complete your relaxation exercise with gratitude in your heart. Breathe gratitude through your heart center 3 times.
6. Enjoy the rest of your day from a calm, relaxed state!